|Upper Elementary / Middle School
After School Program
- is held in the Cafeteria in the Upper Elementary School.
- is offered to children 3rd grade thru 7th grade.
- children in grades 6 -7 meet staff at 2:30 pm in the Middle School lobby, at 3:00pm they walk to the cafeteria in the Upper Elementary School
- children in grades 3 - 5 dismissed to cafeteria
- runs until 6:00 pm. There is a late fee charged for children remaining in care after 6:00 pm.
The staff are very aware of the many levels of development of the children enrolled in this program. They understand the varying needs to feel independent while still having supervision and structure. They make it a priority to provide activities that stimulate new interests and promotes the confidence to explore them.
|| The needs of each child are carefully considered and each is respectfully treated as an active participant not as a young child incapable of caring for themselves.
A sample of activities include:
Supervised Homework Club, Beading, Lego /Building Activities, Pen Pal Club, Art Club, Sewing, Drama, Sports Games, Group Recreational Activities, Mentoring and partnership games/activities.
A sample daily schedule:
2:35 - 3:00 Middle School Students dismissed to lobby: Attendance taken they relocate to a classroom where they have the opportunity to get an early start on their homework.
3:00 - 3:10 Middle School Students & EDP Staff
walk to UES cafeteria
3:15 - 3:30 UES Students dismissed to cafeteria: Attendance taken
3:30 - 4:30 Snack / Homework / Outdoor Games / Activity Choice
4:30 - 5:30 Games / Craft Project / Art
5:30 - 6:00 Free Play / Clean Up / Closing